Table of Contents
This project is my own implementation of the 1993 PC version of the game
Plumbers Don't Wear Ties written from scratch, that is, the original program has not been decompiled or reverse-engineered. However, the game still needs the assets from the original PC version to run. The only thing that has been reverse-engineered is the
GAME.BIN file, done by Daniel Marschall, which contains information about the scenes, background images, sounds and sequences of events.
This game is infamous for being considered one of the worst games ever made. The 3DO version is much more known (relatively speaking), but there was also a very rare Windows version released in 1993. Due to being 16bit, it can’t run easily on modern PCs.
My versions, besides working on modern PCs on Windows and Linux, I also ported it to Wii, WiiU, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Switch.
- It is possible to advance to the next picture to progress quickly through the game.
- PC version:
- The window can be resized to any arbitrary dimensions and set to borderless fullscreen.
- It can be played with a keyboard or an XInput compatible controller.
- Wii version:
- It can be played with a Wii remote and a GameCube pad.
- All other versions: they fully work with their respective controllers.
- It could still contain some small bugs here and there that I haven’t catched up yet.
- Despite all screenshots being from emulators, all versions run perfectly on real hardware.
More info and downloads #
- PC: https://github.com/MaikelChan/PlumbersDontWearTies-SDL/tree/main
- Wii: https://github.com/MaikelChan/PlumbersDontWearTies-SDL/tree/wii
- WiiU: https://github.com/MaikelChan/PlumbersDontWearTies-SDL/tree/wiiu
- 3DS: https://github.com/MaikelChan/PlumbersDontWearTies-SDL/tree/3ds
- Switch: https://github.com/MaikelChan/PlumbersDontWearTies-SDL/tree/switch