Table of Contents
DamageBoy is the name of
Yet Another™ Experimental GameBoy emulator created for learning purposes. It comes from
DMG, which is the original codename for the GameBoy, which stands for
Dot Matrix Game. The emulator is written in C#, it uses OpenGL for rendering, OpenAL for audio and ImGui for UI. Despite being optional, it’s recommended to have a boot ROM (BIOS) file named
dmg_boot_rom and put it in the same path as the DamageBoy executable.
- It can run games with no MBC, MBC1, MBC2, MBC3 and MBC5.
- Most graphics features are supported: background, window, sprites, scrolling and mid-scanline effects.
- Audio mostly implemented, but there could be small audio errors here and there.
- It can be played with keyboard or with an XInput compatible controller.
- It supports saving and loading. Saves are stored in the
Savessubfolder in the emulator path.
- It also has save state functionality. They are stored in the
- Most games I’ve tried work perfect or almost perfect. But there are still games that don’t work or have severe issues.
It requires .NET 6.0 Runtime and OpenGL 3.3.