Table of Contents
SuperPong! Is the first game I did for consoles. I started developing it for GameCube. Then I ported it to GameBoy Advance adding some features, and finally I did the definitive version for Nintendo DS. It is a simple Pong game for one or two players, with some features that make it unique.
- In two player mode, the first one moves the stick with DPad up and down, while the second player moves it with the B and X buttons. Each player plays holding one side of the console.
- When one of the players achieves 5, 15, 25, 35, etc. points, the screen will start rotating until one of the players scores a goal, making more difficult to be able to stop the ball.
- When one of the players achieves 10, 20 30, 40, etc. points, the top and bottom screens will start swapping each other twice per second, also making it more difficult to be able to stop the ball.
- When the ball goes through the star in the middle, the last player that touched the ball will be able to control the ball directly, dragging it with the touch screen. To be able to drag the ball, the L button (for the first player) or the R button (second player) must be held. This is a way of preventing the other player of also trying to move the ball with the touch screen. This mode deactivates after one second after the ball leaves the star in the middle, so the player will have to be quick to try to score a goal.
- To return to the main menu, press Select while in Pause.
- In the Settings menu there’s the possibility of enabling or disabling the music.